Restoration of All Things by Service. John 12:26
- John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
- Exodus 23:25-26 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
- Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
The Lord recognizes every service done for Him or to advance His Kingdom.
Rahab the harlot that helped the men sent to survey the land was honoured. Heb 11:31; Jos 2:1ff
The Roman centurion that gave to build a synagogue for Israel was honoured. Luke 7:2-10
The Centurion that prayed and gave alms was recognized and honoured. Acts 10:1-6
Service pays! Services Pays handsomely. Proverbs 14:23; Luke 5:1-7
WHAT IS CHRISTIAN SERVICE
- To serve simply means to work faithfully for.
- It is to do a useful work for somebody.
- It connotes getting involved physically and mentally in doing something.
- Service means doing Obedient work.
“Service” in the Kingdom does not mean attending church programmes.
Christian service involves the commitment of a believer physically and spiritually in rendering faithfully, some useful work for our Master, the Lord Jesus Christ or the kingdom of God.
REQUIREMENT FOR SERVICE
- Sanctification. 1Thess 5:23-24
- Consecration. John 12:24-26
WHY YOU NEED TO SERVE
- You are saved to Serve. 2Cor 5:17-20
- You are a part of the Body of Christ to Serve. 1Cor 12:12-28
- Service qualifies you for The Lord’s great reward. Exodus 23:25-26
- Service is your gateway to Heaven on Earth. Job 36:11
DANGER OF DIS-SERVICE TO THE LORD
- You serve Your enemies under evil conditions.
Deut 28:47-48 Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things; Therefore, shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things:
- You will be destroyed by the Lord.
Deut 28:47-48 Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things; Therefore, …he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he has destroyed thee.
WAYS OF SERVING THE LORD
- Giving in Tithes and offering. Matthew 6:1-4,19-21; 23:23; 19:27-29
- Praying. Matthew 6:5-15; 9:36-38
- Fasting. Matthew 6:16-18
- Physical Kingdom advancement services. Matthew 6:22-34; 25:3-40
- Soulwinning. Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:3; Mark 16:16:15-18
Service brings you honour, glory and peace, prosperity and pleasures. (Rom.2:10; Job 36:11)
Christian service confers divine honour and supernatural restoration (John 12:26)
Serve The Lord as never before and flow in the blessings of restorations!
Yours in His Living Mission,
Amb. Promise Ogbonna